A special Eid mubarak to you all! I hope you are having a blessed day! I managed to take a day off work for Eid, so what do I do?? Go into the kitchen and BAKE!! :))) Yepee! I wanted to make a soft cake, but at the same time yummy and chocolatey. So here is the easy peasy coffee and chocolate cake, with vanilla frosting.
- Mix all the ingredients under 'for the cake' except for the boiling water and coffee. You can mix with a large spoon - no need for an electrical whisk
- Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water, then slowly add this to the cake mixture, constantly mixing well
- When well combined, place the mixture into a greased 25cm round cake tin (or which ever you prefer). Place into the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 40 mins. Check that a skewer comes out clean before removing. Leave to cool until you turn it upside down out of the tin, then leave to cool completely
- In the meantime, make the frosting by mixing (using an electric whisk or stand mixer) the unsalted butter (which you can cut into cubes) and icing sugar. Once it is well combined, add the vanilla extract and continue whisking for a further 5-10 mins until fluffy and set aside
- To decorate, cut the cake horizontally, place the frosting in between and sandwich the cake. Decorate the cake
Delicious, soft, simple and will definitely put a smile on the face of whoever eats this! EID MUBARAK and Enjoy :)