If you are looking to make a super delicious, yet easy cookie - this is absolutely perfect! It has a glossy outside, but a soft gooey chocolate interior! These are a big hit with whoever tries them! Highly recommended.
- Place the butter and half the chopped chocolate into the microwave for a few minutes until melted, ensuring you stir every 30 seconds
- In a bowl, place the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract, and electrically whisk until well mixed
- Place the chocolate mixture into the bowl, mixing at a slow speed until well combined
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder, then slowly add a third of the flour mix at a time to the other bowl, whisking at a slow speed. Once all the flour has been added, stir in the remaining chocolate pieces
- Line two baking tray with baking paper, and place 6 equal amounts of the cookie mixture onto each tray, ensuring they are well spaced out to allow them to spread
- Bake at 170 degrees Celsius for 10-15 mins (checking them at 10 mins) until the top starts to crack and the appearance is glossy. Allow the cookies to rest slightly on the tray before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely
An old picture from the first ever double chocolate cookie Try this for yourself to see just how amazing these are! Enjoy :)