I am not sure exactly what made me want to make cauliflower pakora so much, maybe because I love cauliflower - still a mystery! Nonetheless, this turned out quite delightful!
- Place the cauliflower in a pot of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. Drain the water and set aside
- In a bowl, add the flour, garlic, baking powder, salt, chilli powder, paprika, cumin, turmeric and coriander. Mix well
- Using a whisk, gently mix the mixture as you add the water slowly - to avoid any lumps. Keep adding the water and mixing until you reach your desired consistency (not too runny and not too thick is what most people prefer, I used just under a cup of water)
- Heat up the oil in a pot for deep frying. Meanwhile, cut the cauliflower into smaller florets, dip it into the batter to coat. Place into the hot oil over medium/high heat until golden brown. Remove onto a plate with kitchen paper to soak up excess oil
- For a better crunch and to ensure it is perfectly cooked, place the cooked pakoras back into the hot oil for round 2 of frying. Keep for a further few minutes, then remove onto plate with kitchen paper ready to serve
Enjoy these with your main meal or with dips! You can adjust the seasoning to suit you, the final product will inshAllah be delicious! Enjoy :)