There are so many ways to make a chicken curry, and it differs according to preference. This time, I really felt like a saucy curry, that is probably a bad way to describe it...but I am not quite sure how best to describe the type of curry I wanted. But here it goes..
- In a pot, heat your vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the cinnamon stick, cardamom, peppercorns, cumin seeds, cloves and bay leaves. After 30 seconds, add your onions and mix well for 4-5 mins
- Add your minced garlic and ginger, cook for a minute or so. Add the salt, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin and turmeric powder and mix for a few more minutes
- Add the tomatoes and tomato puree, then allow them to start to break down for approx 5-7 mins
- Add the chicken pieces and allow them to gain colour on both sides. Remove some of the masala and add it to the yoghurt. Mix well, then add the yoghurt mixture into the pot and mix well altogether. Leave to cook for a further 5 mins
- Add the hot water, mix well, then cover and leave to cook for 15-20 mins, mixing in between to avoid it sticking. You can adjust the seasoning and add more water if you prefer. Add the coriander, cover and leave for a further 5 mins before serving
I served this delicious curry with roti and yoghurt. It was finger lickingly good! So satisfying and was the perfect fix for any curry craving! Enjoy :)