What better way to celebrate than with cake? And what is better than a fat free cake? The best thing about this is that it is so simple to make, it is fat free yet tastes like a chocolate swiss roll...honestly, it is so delicious!
- In an electric stand mixer, whisk together the eggs and caster sugar until the mixture doubles in volume, and you get a pale and fluffy consistency (if you are doing this by an electric whisk it will take more patience...but you will get there)
- Gently add the plain flour, cocoa powder and salt, and fold gently using a large spoon, keeping as much of the air in as possible
- Place the mixture into a lined and greased 20cm cake tin, and put in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30-35 mins
- Test with a skewer to see if it is done. Remove, and leave to cool slightly before removing it out of the tin and letting it cool completely
- Cut the cake lengthways in half, add the jam and then sandwich the other layer on top
- Dust the icing over the cake, then arrange the strawberries on top as you like
Delicious, beautiful and most importantly...FAT FREE! Enjoy :)