This is my dear mothers speciality, she makes very delicious sfoof, mashAllah! Sfoof is a Lebanese cake which isn't really a typical cake. It is made with semolina and coloured with turmeric. You just have to try it!
- Place the semolina, flour, turmeric and baking powder in a large bowl and mix with a spoon
- Place the sugar in a separate bowl, add the water and mix until the sugar begins to dissolve. Add the milk and mix again, followed by the oil
- Add the liquid mixture to the dried ingredient bowl. Mix with a spoon, then use an electric whisk to vigorously mix until bubbles begin to form
- Use the sesame seed paste to coat the base of your cake tin. I used a 30cm tin to fit the mixture
- Decorate with the pine nuts if you wish, then place in a pre-heated oven at 210 degrees Celsius, and leave for 35-40 mins. Check with a skewer if it done, then remove and leave to cool completely before cutting up and serving
It is super easy and delicious to make. I have used my mums special recipe, so feel free to give it a go and enjoy :)
Tip: Goes down a treat with a cup of tea