Probably one of the easiest, tastiest sweet dessert you can make! It looks like hard work but in actual fact it won't take long at all.
- In a saucepan, mix the semolina with the milk over medium/low heat until the mixture thickens and starts to form large bubbles (if this bit is confusing just mix until a thick mixture)...and then leave to cool
- On an oiled surface, cut each sheet of puff pastry into 6 pieces
- Place one spoonful of the mixture into the centre of the puff pastry and take the corner of the square and place it on the opposite corner, to make a triangular shape
- Place onto an oiled oven tray and brush the surface of the pastries with milk
- Place into a hot oven, and check on it around 10-15minutes later. Remove when golden brown in colour
- To make the sugar syrup, place the sugar and water in a saucepan and mix until it starts boiling
- Once the mixture boils vigorously, place the drops of lemon juice, mix for 30 seconds, then leave to continue boiling for a further minute
- Pour the sugar syrup over the pastries and serve hot/cold. You can leave extra sugar syrup for anyone who likes to add to their individual serving.
Important point to remember: *Remember that either the pastry should be hot or the sugar syrup should be hot, whilst the other is cold. If both the pastry and sugar syrup are hot the pastry will deflate! So either make the sugar syrup and leave to cool, or wait for the pastries to cool :) Main thing is enjoy making it and enjoy eating it even more! :)