Do you like how I used 'caramelised' onions, to make it sound all fancy hehe :) It is simply a cheese and onion pasty, and I can tell you one thing, well two things - one being is that this is so simple to make, and two this was absolutely DELICIOUS mashAllah - forget shop bought ones...it tasted wayyy better!!!
- Boil the potato in water for 5 mins (this is enough time as the potato should be cut very small), then drain and set aside
- Melt the butter in a pan, then fry the onion, garlic and sugar until the onion turns golden and caramelised
- Mix the potato and onion mixture in a bowl, adding the salt, pepper and cheddar cheese
- Cut the block of puff pastry into 4 cubes, roll out each cube and then cut it in half (to have two equal rectangles). Place the mixture in the centre, then brush the edges with the egg. Bring the other equal side and place it over the pastry with the mixture. Crimp the edges with a fork and brush egg over it
- Place on a baking sheet on 250 degrees Celsius for 10-15 mins, or until the pasty is golden brown
Everyone loved this, and so did I. It takes no time to make, and tastes maaaashAllah! Enjoy :)